travelads

Friday, May 2, 2014

Bohus Fortress - Kungälv, Bohuslän, Sweden

Bohus Fortress
A happily ever after for me :). I so love castle they are so stunning and rich in history. Look at this ruins of Bohus fortress, still standing tall after almost 700 years of it's era. The walls looks strong and brave made out of grey stone and bricks. It was under renovation when we went there :( little bit sad but at least Matt and I we're able to check and roam around the place *wink!

Whenever we went to Gothernburg, we always saw this fortress from the highway. We've never been there although we've always passed on it so many times ( hmm how many times I did went to Ullared?? *counting!!) hahahahaha :)

when we get there, the Castle is under renovation so what we did is just roam and check the outside views :)


Bohus Fortress is also known for its name  Baahus, Bagahus and in Norwegian: Båhus festning and Bohus fästning for Swedish. It is a Swedish fortress located on a 40 meter cliff in Bagaholmen Island, Kungälv city, Sweden, North east from Hisingen where the Göta river splits into two (20 kl north of Gothenburg).

Here's some of our photos to share :)

Main gate of the castle :)
On the other side :)
I so love castle and even if we didn't get a chance to explore more of it inside I'm still happy :)
The fortress was one of the biggest and most massive strongholds in the Nordic countries. It's walls of grey stone and that big brick still impress it's visitors a worth to visit. (Check this site for more info about the fortress)

I'm so happy and contented of what God is giving me. Blessing to see a historical place like this is a great feeling! Thanks for my hubby dubby who never failed to feed my curiosity mind :) a truly frustrated  princess in me hehehe :) till next castle guys!




🌼Support donation🌼

 Running a blog & Youtube takes a lot of time, money and effort. Become a part of a selfless patron by buying me a coffee ☕ or sponsoring a post is really a big help! Your support is highly appreciated and it really means a lot to me. I DO Thank you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment