Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oslob, Cebu - Experience BUTANDING

This post might be a little late na po * nye! super duper late na pala kasi I went to Cebu last year pa and I forgot share this amazing experience of mine haha I just browsing my old photo album just now and saw this LoL!.. Anywai, when it comes to attractiveness tour, escapade and challenges I think this one big whale is also on top of the list. Aside of it number of people that have already spread the news about swimming with the whale and make some post about it, even reaches national television pa and featured on some documentary channel as wel . But it was truly a very great experience for me, SWIMMING with them is sooo FUN!!!!


wholla! is that me???... hahaha!!
The whale sharks were beautiful, but their size makes them pretty frightening. Although I'm a beach lover and a fish lover ever since but this!!, This one is really makes me feel quiver :P hahaha I don’t know much about whales feeling ko nangangat sila hahahaha!! lOl do I look like A big plankton!! hahaha, but being near the mouth of this whale hmm this shark!!  is something that I find rather scary. Ok lng sana kung they were just swimming along lang with us and minding their own business na kumain lang ๐Ÿ˜‚. But I and the whole gang were there, in THEIR territory, and it would not be the whales fault if they accidentally sucks us in and swallows us whole. hahahaha *paranoid lang.
It was really an amazing experience because it was my first time to get near in a very big fish haha ( yabang ko noh,๐Ÿ˜‚ kasi hindi luto yung big fish hahaha).




Leny and I with full gear!! hahaha so I hope whales wont see me!!
I didn’t bring my cam on the actual boat riding because of safety issues (don’t have water protection plus our banca is too small.) nevertheless the ambiance is very great for whale shark watching along with a good weather  yung tipong tirik na tirik and araw hahaha para kitang kita sila sa ilalim :).
To get to Oslob by the way, you have to ride a Bus or a rented car. Indeed it was a butt aching long ride to get there lol, from the City Proper to the Oslob province (north-south) it is a 3 hours travel time approximately kung mahilig kayo mag-stop over hehe. It is advisable to travel early in the morning for better spot and also to avoid large crowds in the whale shark watching.
As soon as you finish with your 3-minute orientation, which is required and I think is kinda good because you will be able to know the rules and guidelines in the Whale shark watching. Actually it was implemented by the Oslob municipality they said. In the briefing section we were told to keep a distance to the shark to avoid any injuries, the proper etiquette like not throwing any food, splashing near the sharks, and THE RULES: don’t wear sunblock so that they will not be poisoned (so you need to wash yourself if you already put sunblock on your skin). If I'm not mistaken P1,000 is the fine if you touch the whales or break the rules. Don't forget to ask permission when jumping out of the boat wag medjo pasikat haha. 

Off to the ocean :) butanding here we come!!!
After that seminar we strapped up and ready to go, we climb aboard the boat and rowed out to sea. You only have thirty minutes for the whole encounter. The 30 minutes starts when you get to where the whale sharks are. I paid Php550 total. That includes the life vest, snorkeling stuff and the tour guides. For those who didn’t like to jump into the water cost only P350. (nye! Sayang naman ang pagkakataon kung sa banca ka lang hahahaha so grab the opportunity diba sabi nga nila opportunity knocks one.. Lol!).  If you want to use their bathroom additional P20 fee for (LIGO) P5 for (PALIT DAMIT). Daming bayad! ๐Ÿ˜Œ
Can you see those dots!!! ang gaganda nila :) they are shining like a diamonds under the ocean!!!
The butandings are huge, and up close they can be a bit terrifying. There are times where the fishermen are able to gather 2 or 3 butandings at a time for our boat. So just imagine the prospect of being surrounded by not just one but several large sharks at the same time swimming with them hahaha.



I was so blessed… seeing great things like big whales and its amazing, I only saw that on books, magazine and television but now I can almost touch them… Experiencing such an awesome opportunity is so enormous and not all people can do that. I just do hope that they will not abuse the popularity of the whale shark by watching and ignoring of their own safety too and take advantage of tourist and visitors.  I recommend this activity for your whole family!!!! 



๐ŸŒผSupport donation๐ŸŒผ

 Running a blog & Youtube takes a lot of time, money and effort. Become a part of a selfless patron by buying me a coffee ☕ or sponsoring a post is really a big help! Your support is highly appreciated and it really means a lot to me. I DO Thank you :)



2 comments: