travelads

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Man-Made Forest BOHOL, Philippines


I thought whenever I hear Man-made forest, I was wondering  if that forest is also filled in with artificial trees haha yun bang mga plastik  ba? hahaha or may halong plastik..:) funny but seriously, I've never been in any man-made forest here in our country before but when I saw it in Bohol, Wow really amazing!

I read that there are many of these man-made forest here in our country and what I saw in Bohol is just only one of it. :) This forest is protected under the government law wherein all the trees or plant in this area are prohibited from cutting (terms "Kaingin"). 


my friends and I riding at the back of the pickup truck 
What a nice joy ride we had :) We explore every single road going to Bilar man-made forest for about 20 km from tagbilarn city :). From dusty road up to a winding road so called chicken's intestine is really a memorable piece for me :) All I can see is a thick collection of trees surrounding me that truly embracing me, greeted by the cool breeze of the the place and when you look up in a green leafy sky is really awesome!
best way to get picture perfect is to stand there admiring all the taller trees :
Most tree planted in this area are Mahogany and Narra and as you can see they grew in almost the same height and width that creates a ceiling of leaves along the road :) They say that all these tree were planted under the reforestation program of the government way back 60's wherein each students required to plant seedlings prior to their graduation. 
I remember when I was in elementary ,we are required to bring flowering plants too :)
This place has become one of the primary tourist attractions in Bohol and don't miss stopping by on this place to enjoy the moment of cool breeze air and beautiful view of nature.

It's not too late for us to gives back our love to our nature. By doing reforestation only show that it can be possible to brings us life again to our dead forest. Bohol man-made forest is really a successful reforestation project ...I hope every one could do the same way in many more place in our country and LET's make it GREEN :)
* * *



🌼Support donation🌼

 Running a blog & Youtube takes a lot of time, money and effort. Become a part of a selfless patron by buying me a coffee ☕ or sponsoring a post is really a big help! Your support is highly appreciated and it really means a lot to me. I DO Thank you :)



2 comments:

  1. speaking of Mahogany, i saw mahogany sprouts for sale sa Bitukang manok ng Quezon National Forest park. Yan siguro talaga ang gamit for man-made forests..

    ReplyDelete
  2. mukha nga nabasa ko nga sa ibng blog:

    The number of seeds a mahogany mother tree can disperse is considerable. Assuming 50 capsules, 3000 seeds can be blown away from the mother tree. The seeds can be blown some 20 to 40 meters from the mother tree. The seeds, being recalcitrant, germinate in less than a month. Mahogany seeds contain food reserves and germinate hypogeal. This means that even if the initial light is relatively poor, the young mahogany plant develops even without initial photosynthesis.

    Read more: http://philippinenativeforesttrees.blogspot.com/2010/02/government-reforestation-efforts-on.html#ixzz240KORyZc

    ReplyDelete